Walker stressed the joint development agreement between the state, AGDC and the integrated Chinese oil and gas giant Sinopec, the Bank of China …
- The Producers 2017: A year of uncertainty for Alaska – 11/19/2017 (Full story) Putting together The Producers each year usually requires some last-minute revisions, as we try to incorporate the latest development activities and new plans for the year ahead. This year was more uncertain than most. As we were wrapping up the issue: Aurora Exploration was bumping into obstacles i….
- The Producers 2017: AIX working within means at Kenai Loop – 11/19/2017 (Full story) The history of the Kenai Lsition of the Nicolai Creek field from Aurora Gas LLC. In a confusing twist, Aurora Gas and Aurora Exploration are completely separate companies, despite their similar names and a shared hist….
- The Producers 2017: BP wants stable production amid cuts – 11/19/2017 (Full story) BP Exploration (Alaska) Inc. responded to the current economic climate with a drastic reduction in drilling activity at the Prudhoe Bay unit, the only unit it operates in Alaska. The local subsidiary of the global energy company drilled 75 development wells at the North Slope unit in 2015, 43 wells….
- The Producers 2017: BRPC working on 2019 Mustang start-up – 11/19/2017 (Full story) In its most recent plan of development for the Southern Miluveach unit, Brooks Range Petroleum Corp. said it expected to bring the Mustang field into production in early 2019. The proposed target is more than a year beyond a December 2017 deadline imposed by the state Division of Oil and Gas, under….
- The Producers 2017: Caelus maintains Oooguruk suspension – 11/19/2017 (Full story) After suspending development drilling at its Oooguruk unit in May 2016, Caelus Energy Alaska LLC expressed its long-term confidence in the North Slope unit by saying it would begin drilling again “when oil prices recover and investor confidence resumes.” Apparently, neither condition has yet occurre….
- The Producers 2017: ConocoPhillips advancing several projects – 11/19/2017 (Full story) ConocoPhillips Alaska Inc. is the most active operator on the North Slope and one of the few companies sanctioning new North Slope developments despite the economic climate. The local subsidiary of the largest independent exploration and production company in the world was not totally immune to larg….
- The Producers 2017: Eni favors exploration at Nikaitchuq – 11/19/2017 (Full story) A year ago, Eni US Operating Co. Inc. was hoping to end its drilling suspension at the Nikaitchuq unit in early 2017, pending an improvement in the price of crude oil. Even though oil prices improved some in late 2016, the rise was apparently too slight and too uncertain for Eni. The company maintai….
- The Producers 2017: A new plan for Exxon at Point Thomson – 11/19/2017 (Full story) ExxonMobil Alaska Production Inc. started production from the Point Thomson unit in April 2016 after decades of deliberation and litigation and years of construction. And as this edition of The Producers was going to print, a new debate was emerging at the unit. Earlier this year, the local subsidia….
- The Producers 2017: Furie blames state for lack of drilling – 11/19/2017 (Full story) After a summer of uncertainty at the Kitchen Lights unit, Furie Operating Alaska LLC recently blamed state fiscal policy for thwarting its drilling activities for this year. The local independent planned to use the Randolph Yost jack-up rig this summer to complete the KLU No. A-1 well at the offsho….
- The Producers 2017: Glacier being cautious at four fields – 11/19/2017 (Full story) Glacier Oil & Gas Corp. took a cautious approach to development after it acquired the Alaska assets of Miller Energy Resources Ltd. in a bankruptcy case in early 2016. The current economic situation has increased that caution. After rightsizing its portfolio and deferring some exploration work, the….
- The Producers 2017: Hilcorp continues Cook Inlet dominance – 11/19/2017 (Full story) Hilcorp Alaska LLC has been the dominant producer in the Cook Inlet basin since it arrived in Alaska five years ago, and its dominance seems to increase with each year. The local subsidiary of the Texas-based independent currently operates about 20 fields and units — a number that occasionally fluct….
- The Producers 2017: Hilcorp ramping up North Slope work – 11/19/2017 (Full story) Hilcorp Alaska LLC is taking a phased approach to its North Slope properties. The local subsidiary of the Texas-based independent is several years into its efforts to improve production at the Milne Point unit, just beginning major development work at the Duck Island unit and still involved in preli….
- The Producers 2017: Barrow gas fields remain steady – 11/19/2017 (Full story) Residents of the northernmost city in America recently voted to rename their city Utqiagvik. But, for now, their local energy source is still called the Barrow gas fields. Contractors working for the federal government discovered the South Barrow, East Barrow and Walakpa fields on separate expediti..